Change data in an other table

Hi, can someone help me with the following.
I would like to setup a workflow/automation: when I fill in a form (add data to one table) that after saving the form data is edit in an order table automatically, for example the status becomes “list checked”.
When I try to set this up in Automation with data change “Data changes to which table should trigger this event?” must be the same as “What entity table does this task work against?” in Tasks???
The action to follow doesn’t allow me to change/edit data in an other table…
How can I solve this best??

0 5 858
5 REPLIES 5

There are two actions that you can use.

1. “Add row to another table”, this action should add a new row to another table.
  2. “Execute actions on a set of rows”, this will allow you to write an expression that will pick the rows you want to update in the other table and then you can reference another action that will update them. The other action can be a “Set values of some columns in this row”.

So you would build a Bot that has an event on change to TableA. Then define a process that has a data action step to update the row in TableB with on of the options stated above.

For more info on the automation essentials take a look at AppSheet Automation: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center.

Hi Dan, thank you so far. The expression must be written in the References Row (From the referenced table, these are the rows to act on) I assume?? And what could the expression look like…
I need to change the status (from “open” to “closed”) of a value in Table A if the Keys ID of Table A = Table B…

Hi Dan, thank you so far. The expression must be written in the References Row (From the referenced table, these are the rows to act on) I assume?? And what could the expression look like…
I need to change the status (from “open” to “closed”) of a value in Table A if the Keys ID of Table A = Table B…

@MJvanEwijk wrote:

Do we have a solution to this? 

There is no built-in way to do it.

Top Labels in this Space