Change form view

tcanelli
Participant V

I’ve been able to change most of my form views to the form I created off of a slice. However, I am lost as to where I would change it in the attached image. If someone selects “new” from the drop down, it goes to the system generated form not the custom form. Where would I change this?

I’ve already updated the ref rows int he data column, and have created actions so all my buttons and links from the inline view work right. This is the last one I need to fix.

Hope this makes sense - after looking at the image.1X_239b0bbe79b06f3bd10e89952c3be1d4488be2a9.png

0 7 666
7 REPLIES 7

LeventK
Participant V

@tcanelli
Provided you create a REF type Form for your slice, it will override the system generated Form View for your table.

@LeventK - yes it is a ref form and that form is what every other “new” or “edit” goes to except from within that drop down. What am I missing?

@tcanelli
From the REF_ROWS expression of that ref column, ensure that the expression is pointing out that sliced data/table instead of the table’s data

@LeventK - that’s where I’m stuck. I already updated the ref rows for the pet and comment forms - this other sliced data/table/ref form is being accessed via the pet form in the drop down. 1X_40e31fa2a8b4fad675969ff520f5478ddb2e1775.jpeg

Is there a way to not have users add a new record from that drop down and force them to go to the menu to access the registration form?

@tcanelli
Sure thing. Just mark that slice as read_only

Can’t do that because there are other views that need to edit/add using that slice.

Is there anyway to add the reference to the slice/form in the highlighted area?! Or would it create some sort of circular logic issue and mess things up?

Top Labels in this Space