Change the Thumbnail shape when using TEXT_ICON()

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if it’s possible to change the thumbnail to square shape when I use the TEXT_ICON FUNCTION…

To be more specific. I have a list of products with square thumbnails already and for those products that don’t have an image in their records I show the function so it doesn’t look like a white space.

I have also done this with other tables such as brands and customers so I wouldn’t like to upload the same not available pic everytime.

3X_b_2_b203d1647af48286d309f9e6d85ccd98b06c4bcc.png

I thank for any help in advance.

Regards.

Solved Solved
0 4 773
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,
If the field type is currently set to “Thumbnail”, can you change it to “Image” and save/test/observe?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,
If the field type is currently set to “Thumbnail”, can you change it to “Image” and save/test/observe?

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, changing the field to image seems to give me full control of the shape but I’m still concerned that once I have several records, the sync time might be affected.

The only reason I was using this format is because I read that thumbnails are lighter formats, and I thought I was going to have the same shape control as image.

In this context, it’s probably fine (the performance). Some other ideas to consider:

Images which are rendered on the fly versus being downloaded from a file storage location are probably going to appear faster/quicker - not necessarily always, but on average. These might include:

• Text_Icon()
  • A field of type “image” which refers to a URL in its formula or initial value, e.g. some examples in this other community post
  • SVG code, essentially, built inline and on the fly (same community post as above)

Hope this helps!

For anyone else finding this solution, trying thumbnail and image yet still getting the circle, here's how I fixed it.

The circle is a result of image size, so you'll need a bigger image.

Use a virtual column, paste in the following, and then set the type to image and you should be good to go.

CONCATENATE("http://via.placeholder.com/640x360/{background-color-code}/{font-color-code}?text=",ENCODEURL([your-text-column]))

Please note, at the time of writing, https does not work in gallery, detail, or deck view (with selected background colors).

Good Luck!

Top Labels in this Space