Change Yes/No column display values

2X_e_e8d8170efe97faa77a850a7ead2fd16bea1cb584.png
Is it possible to change what is shown for possible answers in a Yes/No column? at the very least I would like them to say Yes and No instead of N and Y.

Solved Solved
0 4 2,217
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UPDATED 5/20/2022:  There is now the capability in a Yes/No column to specify custom button labels.  For example, instead of "Y" or "N" for column named [Archive?], we can specify "Archive" and "Unarchive" as the button labels.

I donโ€™t believe there is a way to simply relabel the buttons. However, a Yes/No column is really just a special case of an Enum. You can create you own Enum column and use whatever values you wish.

This does mean you would need to update all places where you are testing the value of the column IF you are not already testing for โ€œYesโ€ or โ€œNoโ€ values.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

UPDATED 5/20/2022:  There is now the capability in a Yes/No column to specify custom button labels.  For example, instead of "Y" or "N" for column named [Archive?], we can specify "Archive" and "Unarchive" as the button labels.

I donโ€™t believe there is a way to simply relabel the buttons. However, a Yes/No column is really just a special case of an Enum. You can create you own Enum column and use whatever values you wish.

This does mean you would need to update all places where you are testing the value of the column IF you are not already testing for โ€œYesโ€ or โ€œNoโ€ values.

Was hoping to avoid that. Might not be necessary enough to warranty changing the other formulas

Added my vote immediately!!!

Top Labels in this Space