ChangeCounter and Signature After signing a ...

ChangeCounter and Signature

After signing a report and saving it, the signature field should not be editable. I tried using a ChangeCounter column. But the problem is that it counts as soon as you lift your finger from the screen. Wouldnโ€™t it be better if it counts when we lock the signature? So we could say:

Editable_If =[ChangeCounter] < 1

In a Detail View with the signature as quick edit, it counts not until we hit โ€œDONEโ€. Could this be done also in a Form?

At the moment my workaround is: By saving the form, an Action is fired that sets the value of the column [ChangeCounterAction] to โ€œ1โ€. For the signature I say Editable_If =[ChangeCounterAction] < 1

That workaround is working fine in a form, but not in a detail view where the signature field is quick edit. For that I created a workflow that triggers the Action above. But the problem is: AppSheet does not recognice immediately the change in the column [ChangeCounterAction]. It has to sync one time to recognice it.

Maybe there is a simpler way to do this?

0 6 807
6 REPLIES 6

Set the โ€œeditable ifโ€ property of the column to a formula like =ISBLANK([_THIS])

@Anthony_Nel Thank you but thatโ€™s not working. Did you try it? As soon as you lift your finger it will get locked. Like mentioned in this post: plus.google.com - For the signature column typeโ€ฆ there is the option to Lock the signatureโ€ฆ For the signature column typeโ€ฆ there is the option to Lock the signatureโ€ฆ plus.google.com

AFAIK the locking feature is to allow easier editing on a mobile device, so that you can sign and then scroll when itโ€™s locked - for this reason I use a drawing field instead

Or perhaps show the user a read-only slice after the editing is done โ€ฆ

You can use NOT(IN([KeyColumn],TableName[KeyColumn]))

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for that hint. This works perfect.

I had to change it to =NOT(IN([_THIS] , TableName[Signature] - LIST(""))) Because sometimes we have to sign an existing report. Thatโ€™s why I cannot use the KeyColumn to check.

The -LIST("") parameter is because there are some reports that are not signed. So the signature fields are empty.

Your solution works perfect in a form. But not in a detail view with signature quick edit. It also takes some seconds until it gets locked. Do you have any idea?

Top Labels in this Space