Changing a Row based on the equation of another row

Hello all,

I am new to writing long form expressions and linking data together within Appsheet and I was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction.

In the example screenshot, I am trying to have Column A be changed to what is listed for Column D. Column A is a REF to another sheet. Column B is also a REF to the same sheet as Column A. Column C is the data being input by me and Column D is a subtraction expression that is (Column B - Column C). I would like for it to function as (Column B - Column C = Column D, which changes the value of Column B when saved.) Is there a way to make something like that work? In my limited experience, I have not had any luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Like

Based on my understanding, you are in Sheet B, and you want the value of Column B on Sheet A to have the value of Column D after saving?

That is correct.

I’ve done this before but setting the value to a specific word but not by using a formula. You can try creating something like this.

1. On Sheet A, create an action Data: set the values of some columns in this row

Column B =

ANY(
	SELECT(
		Sheet B[Column D],
		Column A = [_THISROW].[Column A]
	)
)
  1. On Sheet B, create an action Data: execute an action on a set of rows.

Referenced Table: Sheet A
Reference Rows:

SELECT(
	Sheet A[key],
	Column A = [_THISROW].[Column A]
)

Referenced Action: name of the action you made on Sheet A

1. Go to UX, find the name of your form for Sheet B, go to Behavior section, and change the Event Action to the name of the action you made on Sheet B
1 Like

I will give this a try. Thank you