Charts: help with more advanced features As ...

Charts: help with more advanced features

As I have several in-development apps (several of them lacking only small details to finish), I started another one

One to see KPIs of my company. Area managers would add the data by month, trimester or semester, and then will get KPIs.

I didnยดt found much detailed info however on charts beside a small article page about them.

Some questions:

1 -

it seems the vertical axis always is sized to max and minimum value on the chart. So if you have a graph of % and max value is 60 and minimum is 40, vertical axis will go from 40 to 60. It would be nice if I could freeze the vertical axis to show from 0 to 100% for example. Can that be done?

2 - It would be nice if alongside colors, you could use dashed lines (for KPI targets for example) and even colored background areas.

3 - possibility of adding a small arrow indicating if โ€œbetterโ€ direction is up or down? Otherwise I guess I would need to do it using a dashboard for a single line to show the arrow

I guess horizontal axis data would be controllable through slicesโ€ฆ letโ€™s say, user deciding if he wants to see data from 2017 alone or 2016 to 2017?

0 1 387
1 REPLY 1

Customization of charts visual style is pretty limited. The axes can be controlled to some extent by manipulating the values being charted (e.g. make sure 0 and 100 are included in the data, or only values from 2016 and 2017), but things like adding arrows or other visual style adjustments arenโ€™t supported other than custom colors.

Top Labels in this Space