Charts - question on pie and bar charts

tcanelli
Participant V

I read in the documentation that the pie charts use rows of data; but what if I want the pie to show me a breakdown of columns?

See pics attached. I would like to show the age counts in a pie chart, not bar chart.

Also, with the bar charts is it possible to get the value to display in the bar? We can get value or % to show in pie; would be helpful in the bar charts as well since this will be displayed on a large screen for the room to monitor changing totals in real time.

Currently the data for this is a view built in sql

0 6 1,273
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

@tcanelli I want to do the same. Did you figure it out?

Found a related posts:

I ended up abandoning this and using PowerBI instead.

Thatโ€™s an old topic, but here Iโ€™m still facing this issue. Did you figure it out?

Havenโ€™t checked the feature request list but I am running into alot of walls with formatting and adding basic things to charts. The mouse over is fine but even then there are no labels for the data. Would love to get an update on any new features for charts in the pipeline?

TDhers
Participant V

HI Mike,
Can I encourage you to join the Chart preview group?
We have rolled out a preview of the chart view that has a lot more options for charting capabilities than with the current chart view, including user side sorting, filteringโ€ฆ color encoding, size encodingโ€ฆ
To do so, simply send me (tdhers@google.com) or Arthur (Arallu@google.com) or Ben (Benhare@google.com) your Appsheet user ID and we will add you to the next roll out.
This new chart view is planned to GA late April, but we are looking to add as many folks in the preview program as possible at this time, so that we can maximize the early feedback.

Here are a couple of teaser screenshots of the new experience and capabilities:

Thierry

TDhers
Participant V

To be clear the new chart view is an option you can use to try the new chart configuration setting without loosing your current existing chart views. We currently persist both definitions side by side.
But we might evolve the new chart view in such ways you might have to reconstruct it between daily builds, that is why it is not ready for primetime GA yet.
But at least you will get a sense of all the cool new stuff you can build in production in a short timeโ€ฆ

One more teaser, Stacked area chart with a color categorical breakdown (NAME dimension on color) and time intelligence with a datetime type column (DATE) on Major axis (X axis in this case).

So powerful, so simpleโ€ฆ
Thierry

Top Labels in this Space