Childs records still appear in ref table when delete childs from Parent table in offline mode

I am testing the app in offline mode. I have 3 tables:

Product

• product_id |key
  • product_name

Product_sizes

• product_id |ref table, [Is a part of?] = on
  • product_size_id | key
  • product_size

Order_detail

• order_id |key
  • product_size_id | ref table
  • qty

All tables are related. So when I creat a new product and its related sizes, they appears available to select them in the โ€œOrder_detailโ€ view using the [product_size_id].

Here is what happensโ€ฆ
When I go to โ€œProductโ€ => โ€œProduct_sizesโ€ and delete a specific Size, instantaniously desappears and is not available to be selected in the โ€œOrder_detailโ€, even if the deletion/change is pending to sync because we are using the app Offline. All good, working as it should be.

BUT only and only if I delete the parent (Product), the childs (Product_sizes) are still available to be selected in the โ€œOrder_detailโ€ and this is because the deletion is pending to be sync, once it get synced the deleted parent and all its childs desappear to be selected.

The โ€˜issueโ€™ is while working offline. Not sure if there is a way, workaround or a nice idea to avoid this scenario? As always thanks for the great help, guys!

0 3 276
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This sounds like a bug to me. I suggest engaging support@appsheet.com.

I will send them an email, Thanks @Steve

I just saw an easy case to check this. I am always in offline mode, and lets say I have the same 2 tables:

Product

• product_id |key
  • product_name
  • active_product

Product_sizes

• product_id |ref table, [Is a part of?] = on
  • product_size_id | key
  • product_size* vc_is_active_product | app formula = [product_id].[active_product]

So, in the โ€œProduct_sizesโ€ table I have a virtual column [vc_is_active_product] to access the field [active_product] from Ref table โ€œProductโ€.

Thatโ€™s other thing that I canโ€™t do it in offline mode. After I sync or when the app get synced in the background, that field automatically refreshed.

Top Labels in this Space