Clever people! Help me with this simple expression please (Reference to get an array and then extract the latest date)

Hi Guys.

I have a CUSTOMERS table and a REPORTS table.
REPORTS references CUSTOMERS so I can see all the related reports per customer in the customer view.

Now I want to create a virtual column in my CUSTOMERS table which reflects the latest [Date] field between all the REPORTS entries for that Customer.

I suspect you first need use an expression to find the array of REPORTs that have the specific CUSTOMER as a field and then plug another expression in that extracts the latest date from that array.

Iโ€™ve been trying these kinds of expressions for some time but have basically resolved to leaving it to the experts. Please give a man some help.

Regards
Gerhard

Solved Solved
0 4 220
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please try

MAX(SELECT([Related Reports][Date], [Report Type] = โ€œScheduled Maintenance Reportโ€))

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Please try the following expression in the VC
MAX([Related Reports][Date])

This is perfect, Suvrutt.

Many thanks.

I realised there is another layer that could be of great help. In the REPORTS table is a field called [Report Type]. If I wanted to do the MAX() together with an IF() that only considers the dates where the [Report Type] = โ€œScheduled Maintenance Reportโ€, how would I go about that?

Regards
Gerhard

Please try

MAX(SELECT([Related Reports][Date], [Report Type] = โ€œScheduled Maintenance Reportโ€))

Thanks a mil Suvrutt.

Top Labels in this Space