Click even

Jafleu

Hi,
can anyone help figure out this?
what I’m trying to do is, when I click YES I enter a number for permit fees,
but when I click NO if I already entered the number, I want the number to reset to “zero” when I click NO.
2X_3_397d34e371dee2d47deb1626c11392132a17cfbb.jpeg

0 8 332
8 REPLIES 8

@Jafleu
In the Reset on edit? property of [Permit Fees] column, use this expression:

OR(
	ISBLANK([Is permit required]),
	[Is permit required]=false
)

Thank you LeventK.
It works, but only if the info is saved and sync first, then I return to that page and click NO it reset it, otherwise it won’t reset the number if I don’t save and sync it first.

I need to reset the number before I save it, if I need to to.

@Jafleu
As stated by the name, it will work only if you edit an existing record. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to reset an initial value live, whilst you’re filling the form. We may also ask @Aleksi’s opinion for sure.

Yes that’s correct. It won’t reset when the record is still open. If your selection is “Y” when you save the form and next time you open it, it’s still 150. But if you now press “N”, it will reset it if your Reset formula is like [Is permit required]=FALSE.

can an if statement works? Like, if [is permit required] = false, then set [permit fees] = 0.
also, I know this isn’t how you formulate the if statement.

You can’t write a value with an IF statement. When you can’t reset the value like this, you could create an event action that would reset the value right after you have saved the form and the criteria is correct.

Jafleu

thank you all for your responses.

Top Labels in this Space