Co-Author vs Transfer Ownership

I’ve developed several apps with underlying Google Sheets, but I want to transfer ownership of the apps and GS so there are no issues if I ever leave the organization.

I tried to transfer ownership to another account, but I don’t know what to put in for “New owner’s ID”. I’ve already added the user as a co-author and given editor rights to the GS.

What am I missing?

0 5 1,091
5 REPLIES 5

You’ll need to know the id of the user you want to transfer ownership to. You can find that id from the top of the this page:
https://www.appsheet.com/account/account/Settings

@Roland_White @Marc_Dillon
Would it be better to transfer ownership and move all the files to the new owner’s drive or create a copy and share the new app? We are gearing up for deployment and I want the company account to be the owner.

Neither is obviously better than the other.

Having the new owner account create a copy of the app along with the data, is probably less steps. Assuming the app copying process works (it often fails for very large apps).

If you want to do a transfer, know that you can also transfer ownership of entire GDrive folders.

@Marc_Dillon I would’ve thought a copy is superior for a transfer of ownership since a co-author/owner separated from the company could still interact with their former company’s data or in the worst case act maliciously. Plus only an owner can delete.

Which is why I said this:

How does this lend superiority to one of the methods over the other? In both cases, there is a new app owner.

Top Labels in this Space