COLOR column type - choices

Can anyone confirm the full list of colors available for the Color column type? The help says 6, but BLACK works (which makes 7). Was wishing I could use Grey, but it does not seem to work. Is this column type really limited to 7 choices? Is it possible to use other colors or even HEX? Just wondering why limited to 7 standard colors?

Color: color code entries in your app with a subset of 6 standard colors: Red, Yellow, Green, Orange,Purple, and Blue.

Solved Solved
0 8 5,786
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Mike We have 8 colors. Black, White (which is shown as light grey), Green, Blue, Purple, Red, Orange and Yellow

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I donโ€™t know the answer to this but your question reminded me of another issue Iโ€™ve noticed recently โ€“ the relatively sparse choice of colors in format rules. Most of the colors donโ€™t look very good with text so I basically stick with black, blue, and red. It we could define our own colors, however, that would be great.

@Kirk_Masden You can specify your own colors with the format rule if you type it like #ABABAB

@Mike We have 8 colors. Black, White (which is shown as light grey), Green, Blue, Purple, Red, Orange and Yellow

Thanks @Aleksi! โ€œWhiteโ€ shows as grey?? Will have to try that โ€ฆ
I wonder if someone can update the documentation to reflect all 8 colors (not the 6 listed)?

@Steve - not your help article but can you update to reflect the 8 color choices?

Wellโ€ฆ using โ€œwhiteโ€ for grey sounded like and optionโ€ฆ but the alternating grey bars in the table view (which I like) ruined that! Guess itโ€™s back to Black!

• still wondering why the COLOR column type only supports 8 colors and does not allow hex color choices. Great that standard colors might be used - but this limited set hurts the is usefullness.

Updated.

Thanks Steve!

White (which is shown as light gray) is not showing on the calendar, it needs to be fixed, thanks.

Top Labels in this Space