Column selection algorythm

Hello there aesthetically pleasing beings,
So i got the following sheet wich, as you may see, is quite complicated

My goal would be to make new pages/retrieves old pages/fill the pages from bare-codes.
How i picture it:

• User side:
    • Turn on the app and enter the User ID
    • User ID link to his account, all his past orders, and a new order sheet button.
      • Client want to retrieve old order, enter date/client name and app find it, sheets in user language.
      • Client want to pass an order, press new order button and a new order sheet in created in user language.
        • Client click on fill-able fields/checkbox, entering manually the answer.
        • Client use his scanner on our ordering book, scanner read the bare-code, app identify cell to fill then fill with the correct information, save sheet as โ€œclient ID, client order Nโ€.
  • Admin side:
    • Open app, get alarm for new orders made before log in, classed by date & time.
    • All sheets in admin language

That lead to the following questions wich i am bothering you for:
1 Can it be made?
2 What would be the algorithm to make appsheet recognize and select a specific field in the page?
3 How can i make a โ€œcheckboxโ€ recognized in a sheet?
4 What is the meaning of life? (you anwered many difficult questions so why not that one?)

Thanks in advance for your answers (if answers there are)

1 3 191
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,
1 - Yes all of this is possibleโ€ฆ somehow
2 - When you create an app with Appsheet and you need to generate a order template (pdf), you need to add values with place holders like <<[Jacket Length]>>. That will read your value from the order itself.
3 - If you have 4 selections availabe on a template like โ€œSleeves Ventโ€ > N,D,S,R, you need to make that selection in the app for example with the Enum field. Then you can generate just the value into a template without showing all possibe values.

This is a good place to start with your templatesโ€ฆ

Sorry for the slow answer, and thank you for yours. i am looking into that. I am not closing yet the thread just in case more questions pops-up but that might be the missing tomato sauce for my appsheet ravioli.

Top Labels in this Space