Combine multiple Security Filters

How can I have two security filters based on two different columns, meaning that either one that’s true is acceptable, below are the two filters I need to combine, either one that matches is acceptable to view the data. FYI the setup route# column contains an email address. Thanks in advance for the help

USEREMAIL()=[User Email]
USEREMAIL()=[User ROUTE#]

Solved Solved
0 2 278
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That would be OR()…

OR(
  UserEmail() = [User_Email], 
  UserEmail() = [User Route#]
)

If you want both to be required, you’d use AND().

You can combine things also; for instance, if you wanted to include the ability to ensure that someone is logged in, you could include a check to see if USEREMAIL() is blank:

AND(
  isnotblank(USEREMAIL()),
  OR(
  )
)

There is theoretically no limit to the complexity you can include in security filters. Here’s an example of a security filter I’ve got inside an app I made for a telehealth company.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

That would be OR()…

OR(
)

If you want both to be required, you’d use AND().

You can combine things also; for instance, if you wanted to include the ability to ensure that someone is logged in, you could include a check to see if USEREMAIL() is blank:

AND(
  isnotblank(USEREMAIL()),
  OR(
  )
)

There is theoretically no limit to the complexity you can include in security filters. Here’s an example of a security filter I’ve got inside an app I made for a telehealth company.

This work!!! thank you so much for the help…

Top Labels in this Space