Combo action works from deck view but not in a workflow

I am copying rows from one spreadsheet to another through my app. Basically importing them and adding the column values as needed.

This works as an action on a view. I use it in a combined action, image #3.

This works as well. I use it in a combined action, image #3.

This is the combined action. Works perfectly from a deck view. But it wonโ€™t work when called from a Report.

My report settings.

Log Error: โ€œErrorsโ€: โ€œError: โ€˜Execute a Sequence of Actionsโ€™ Grouped action โ€˜ComboCopyDonorRequestsSetAddedโ€™ child action โ€˜CopyDonorToRequestsโ€™ failed due to error: Error: Perform DataAction โ€˜CopyDonorToRequestsโ€™ failed because Row having key โ€˜8715fb8eโ€™ in table โ€˜Requestsโ€™ in field โ€˜START_DATEโ€™ is required to have a value. \nError: โ€˜Add Rowโ€™ Data action โ€˜CopyDonorToRequestsโ€™ failed with exception Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. .โ€,

All the rows in the copy FROM table have a value in [Date Added] which is copied to [START_DATE] so I donโ€™t understand the error. What am I missing?

Solved Solved
0 3 178
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok. After HOURS of work, it turns out it was a DATA problem. One cell in the spreadsheet was blank. I thought I had checked thoroughly enough for blanks but obviously I hadnโ€™t. I fixed that cell and it ran perfectly from the report.

I also added IF(CONTEXT(โ€œHostโ€)<>โ€œServerโ€,[START_DATE]>=DATE([Timestamp]),TRUE)to the Start_Date valid if in the table I was adding records to. I needed to be able add records with dates older than today.

I also added a report to run before this report to fix missing dates.

Hopefully, lesson learned.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

does it work if you trigger it from a workflow? Might be something along the lines of VCโ€™s and a value not being calculated. I dont see anything that is inherently wrong. Maybe try re-arranging the action ordering in your grouped action?

I tried it from a workflow and it worked.

When I switched the order it the actions it set the value to TRUE and the date which then caused it not to find any records to copy on a Report. Running it as an action still worked. So the order has to stay that way when used on a Report.

Ok. After HOURS of work, it turns out it was a DATA problem. One cell in the spreadsheet was blank. I thought I had checked thoroughly enough for blanks but obviously I hadnโ€™t. I fixed that cell and it ran perfectly from the report.

I also added IF(CONTEXT(โ€œHostโ€)<>โ€œServerโ€,[START_DATE]>=DATE([Timestamp]),TRUE)to the Start_Date valid if in the table I was adding records to. I needed to be able add records with dates older than today.

I also added a report to run before this report to fix missing dates.

Hopefully, lesson learned.

Top Labels in this Space