Comment Before Manager's approve/ Reject the request

Hi,

How can i put comment before the manager approve or deny the request? WHat i mean is the manager will put the comment e.g. Lack of documents then he will reject the request.

0 4 563
4 REPLIES 4

If i were you i would have put Status like true or false and create slices for them and set status initial value to false make it a slice and true with another slice the manager will see the false slice once it is true it will correct or else i will add a column with showif for the remarks in false slice

Thankyou.

1. Keep a comment column with in the same table the request mechanism is done.

2. Make a slice from the table using just the key column and the comment column.

3. Make a form view from the slice, with name, say Comment slice

4. In the original approve/deny button, make the action as linktorow([Key], โ€œComment Sliceโ€)

5. Make another data change action (with โ€˜do not displayโ€™) to set the status of the request to โ€œApprovedโ€ or โ€œDeniedโ€, you may have to use separate actions for that.

6. Attach the action to the โ€˜Form savedโ€™ mechanism of the โ€œComment Sliceโ€ form.

Having separate approve and deny mechanisms will require you to have two such separate chains of actions like I mentioned, one for approval and one for denial

1. Finally, you can display the comment column as one of the headers in the detail view for the request

Please Mark this as solution, i tried this and this works

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your response.

Im still a bit lost, can you please guide me.

attached are my screenshots for the following steps.

1. Keep a comment column with in the same table the request mechanism is done.

1. Make a slice from the table using just the key column and the comment column.

1. Make a form view from the slice, with name, say Comment slice

1. In the original approve/deny button, make the action as linktorow([Key], โ€œComment Sliceโ€)

This one im not so sure which approve/deny button are you referring to? Can you please explain further where can i find it.

Attached is my sample. My objective is once I clicke the Credit Rejected, there is a pop up window or something that you can put comment.

Thank yo so much for your help.

Top Labels in this Space