Compare lists

Ami
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

I have to compare two lists. One is the list of planned activities and the other is the actual activities completed. When i do so in a virtual column i get a list of IDโ€™s. So far its great. However, i need to have the list inserted into rows of data so. Lets say i have 3 activities calculated. I want each assigned a unique ID and automaticly inserted into a row in a different table. Any thoughts?

0 6 465
6 REPLIES 6

Do you have any printscreen, samples etc. that would help to understand your request. Iโ€™m not 100% sure what you are looking for, thanks.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

If Iโ€™m intuiting your request correctly, what you want to do is possible, but requires more-advanced configuration; what you want is not trivial.

1. How are โ€œactivitiesโ€ defined? By a list of values in a column? By rows of a table?

2. How are โ€œplanned activitiesโ€ identified?

3. How are โ€œcompleted activitiesโ€ identified?

4. What is the name of the table and virtual column with the list of IDs resulting from the comparison of planned and actual activities?

5. What is the name of the โ€œdifferent tableโ€ into which you want rows inserted for the list of IDs from the virtual column?

Ami
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Hi

I have the list presented via the virtual column seen on the right. what i wish to have, is this data collected in a table so i can have that data presented at all times.

the virtual column formula is:

SELECT(SITES PATROL[PATROL ID], [SITE ID] = [_THISROW].[SITE ID])-SELECT(PATROLS[SCAN],[SITE ID]=[_THISROW].[SITE ID])

hope i make sense

Ami

Thank you, thatโ€™s helpful, but I still need more information:

• What is the name of the โ€œdifferent tableโ€ into which you want rows inserted for the list of IDs from the virtual column?

• What data do you want inserted into the โ€œdifferent tableโ€?

The table name would be โ€œMissed checkpointsโ€, the data would be the date, current time, checkpoint ID and the name of the checkpoint

Hi, following up as im still stuck. However i came up with something:
In the table Sites Patrol i will add a virtual column that will use IN() To check if the patrol ID is in the list of [scans]. If it is not i will get FALSE. Then with a slice i will see all missed checkpoints.

Top Labels in this Space