CONCATENATE() Query

Hi. I have a Product_Master Table with columns [Product Code] and [Product Description]. Is there a version of the CONCATENATE() expression that I can use in the [Product Code] Column that will display both the [Product Code] and the [Product Description], something like
CONCATENATE(
SELECT(Product Master[Product Code],TRUE,TRUE),
SELECT([Product Master[Product Description],TRUE,TRUE))

I am getting a data validation error with the above expression so that canโ€™t be correct but if there was a way of achieving this it would be great.

Thank you.

Maurice.

0 5 462
5 REPLIES 5

@MauriceWhelan
In a Virtual Column you can simply concatenate the info if your intention is not otherwise:
[Product Code]&"-"&[Product Description]

Hi @LeventK

Thank you for that. My intention is that the field would be a drop down list of values from the [Product Code] column combined with each codeโ€™s Product Description in that same drop down. Am I correct in thinking I would need to add an additional column that I could use to insert the CONCATENATE() expression?

Hope that makes sense.

Correct, you will either need a helper column for that or make a small helper table with the product code, description and that VC, make the VC as label of this helper table and then create ref from your [Product Code] column to this helper table. Users will see the code and the description in the dropdown but the key column (presumably that product code) will be recorded to your back-end.

Thank you so much @LeventK. I will test that out.

Youโ€™re welcome bud, my pleasure.

Top Labels in this Space