Conditionally enable save button in form view

Can you please add a feature where control to display save button can be achieved conditionally

Status Open
2 5 1,344
5 Comments
MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

While you can’t natively control the save button

• you can definitely prevent someone from saving the form.

You can put validation conditions on columns visible inside the form, and if those conditions aren’t met then they can’t save.

One thing I’ll typically do is create some sort of LongText column, where I create an IFS() statement that checks for certain criteria; if that criteria is met, I’ll write out a warning or help message to the user.

App Formula:

IFS(and(
  [Project_Status] = "Onoing",
  isnotblank([Completion_Signature])
), 
"Check that the status is correct"
)

Then I’ll put a valid if formula on that virtual column, requiring that it be blank:

ISBLANK([_this])

This, in turn, prevents the user from saving the form while that message is visible.

AndyChen

Hello, could you indicate where I should put this expression to? Or an visual for us?

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

@AndyChen this would live inside a new virtual column, with that validation formula applied to the new virtual column’s “valid if” formula space.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ruxandra
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hello! 

I have an issue with this "save" button, I have even opened a topic here; even if all the fields of the form are mandatory to be filled in, the form is able to be saved with the empty fields. 

I want to be able to control the "save" button, with some conditions. How could I do it?

The app is already in production.

Could you help me with an idea?

Thank you!

Regards!

Ruxandra