For a single table X, I have a workflow that is triggered by column B changing values:
- task 1: action: update value of column A
- task 2: send email if A is set a certain way
ie. sometimes the workflow should only do task 1 and sometimes it should do both task 1 and task 2
Since there is no condition on the email task I am struggling to find a solution to this that doesn’t involve duplicating workflows to handle each disjoint case.
- it is not possible to send a complete email from an action, only start an email is possible, so I can’t convert task 2 to call an action that sends an email
- cannot use two back-to-back workflows because they can run in an unpredicatble order (related to my workflow ordering question)
The simplest/best I can come up with is to always send the email but use logic to create an empty To: list in the cases where I don’t want to send the email.
Another solution would be to have two workflows W1 and W2, each triggered with disjoiint logic to achieve the desired effect of selecting the workflow that will send the email.
Features that would solve this cleanly:
- allow an action to completely send an email
- add a condition on the email task within a workflow