Confirmation Message after a form is saved

Hello, I have users asking if there is a way they can get a confirmation message or view when they have submitted a form entry - so something like - Thank you your form has been submitted etc.

Hi @supporteh Maybe you could add an Action on form save to take you to another detail view that has your message .

1 Like

Sometimes you can also do that directly with an action popup after the form is saved… like with a LINKTOVIEW & confirmation message.

2 Likes

Hey @Aleksi could you please brief this action and view part, to get the success message pop-up after submitting the form.

Would you like to open a pop-up with a small message or do you want to open a bigger view with a longer description like detail view?

I would like a pop-up message saying “thanks… changes made successfully” something like this.

I made a small sample app… called “Confirmation message”. You can find it from www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778. This is done with an action.

4 Likes

Somehow this is not working to me. No message will Pop up.
Maybe you expression is wrong?
NOT(IN([ID],Data[ID]))

I removed that expression. It was from another app :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks again @Aleksi. Your sample inspired me :slight_smile:

Yeap, that’s the idea :grinning:

2 Likes

I use a one-line table with an image I want to use as a prompt.

I set up a Gallery View for this table and have named it Saved.

When the user clicks Save then the App opens the Record Saved view.

I use the Finish View and select the above form’s name from the drop down.

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 11.50.15

Might not be the most elegant solution but works quite well.

5 Likes

Hello Sir,

I’m not sure if you would take time to read my email, but I’ve been sitting for 3 hours and I couldn’t figure it out, so I tried my luck.

I followed your confirmation message app but it doesn’t work.

Here’s what I did. Behavior > Actions tab > Add New Action > Set the Do this to Grouped: execute a sequence of actions > turned on the Needs Confirmation > Wrote the message.

The Google Sheet file is being updated with new form entries but I couldn’t get the Thank you message pop-up.

Can you help me out Sir? What am I missing?

Warm Regards

Hello @supporteh,
Create a new Action. Select your table in the For a record in this Table. Then>

This should work.

You need to set that action as an Event action so it will be triggered when the form is saved. That you can find from your form view’s definition.

1 Like