Confirmation Message Before Save

Shara

Hello! Another item for help, please. I looked thru the community posts and only saw getting confirmation message after save.

What we want is for a pop-out message that would ask the User something like: “Are you sure you are approving all items in this order?” Basically a check before they press the status update and save.

P.S. I also am not sure if I chose the right tag. Sorry.

1 3 1,075
3 REPLIES 3

There is no capability of a confirmation Message (or a pop-up) BEFORE saving. Mostly this is because each field can have a “Required” setting and Validation to ensure they are filled in correctly.

A workaround could be to add an additional Yes/No column asking your confirmation question. Hide the column until a user has filled in all or most of the Form. Then show it and make it Required forcing the user to supply an answer before saving. An additional benefit here is that you have their response recorded on the new row!

Thanks John! I’ll try it out.

Thanks for the idea.

I actually used a column type "EnumList", with the only value as YES, and BUTTONS as input mode. I made this confirmation Column in the spreadsheet placed on the right of the editable Column, with data validation and TICK BOX as criteria, and as values YES for ticked and empty for unticked. On Appsheet I set up this confirmation column on Show and Require with the formula [editableColumn] <> [_THISROW_BEFORE].[editableColumn]. In the description of this column I wrote the message to appear when you try to modify the editable Column. I then also set up an automation connected to a script that clear the confirmation Column when you save the form. In this way when you try to edit the column with value on form view, it will automatically show you the confirmation message after it, and you must click YES before you can save the form. And thanks to the automation and script, this will work for every edit.

For the Script setup:

Create a new script to save in the project folder with a customized name and past this into the script:

function clearRangeConfirmationColumn() {
  // Replace 'YOUR_SPREADSHEET_ID' with the ID of the target spreadsheet
  var spreadsheetId = 'YOUR_SPREADSHEET_ID';

// Replace 'Sheet1' with the name of the sheet in the target spreadsheet
  var sheetName = 'Sheet1';

// Define the range to clear of the Confirmation Column (e.g., B1:B10)
  var range = 'confirmationColumnRange';

// Open the target spreadsheet
  var otherSpreadsheet = SpreadsheetApp.openById(spreadsheetId);

// Get the sheet in the target spreadsheet
  var otherSheet = otherSpreadsheet.getSheetByName(sheetName);

// Clear the content of the specified range in the sheet of the target spreadsheet
  otherSheet.getRange(range).clearContent();
}

For the Automation setup:

When this Event occurs:

Data Change Type: Updates Only

Condition: [editableColumn] <> [_THISROW_BEFORE].[editableColumn]

Run this process:

Select: Call a script

Select: Table name of the columns

Apps Script Project: Select the script you saved previously

That's all.✌️

Top Labels in this Space