Connecting different users to different tables in appsheet

Participant I

pls help !!!
i want an app where i will give access to a list of users who will have access to various google sheets and that access will be determined by their email id …that is if someone has email ABC he will access only table 1 he can update the table etc that’s it …similarly DEF will have access to table 2 and all of this in one app …when the user login his will only see the sheet assigned for his email only …a=…i m new to app sheet pls help

Solved Solved
0 7 331
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Participant V

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Participant V

sir i know i m asking for a lot but could you pls help me a little bit more i actually went through those pages ( you shared ) before posting the question here in the group. by sharing those pages are you saying that the app which i want to do is indeed a possibility.

The behavior you described is indeed possible with AppSheet. The pages I shared describe the AppSheet features that would form the basis of your app.

Participant I

thank you sir , thanks a lot for the prompt reply.

just one more thing
if i have one sheet and multiple users accessing data from the same sheet and i want each user limited to some data , user will only see that part of data and can only update that part only is that also possible using slicer and limiting access using lets say email ?

With all users’ data in one sheet (which is preferable over one sheet per user), the safest and most efficient approach is to use a security filter rather than a slice to limit the data available to the user. A security filter allows only the current user’s data to reach the user’s device, ensuring that the current user cannot see any other users’ data. A slice merely makes it difficult to see other user data, but does not prevent it entirely.

Participant I

thank you sir for the suggestion …once the user updates the data is there a way to store it …like i want to save every update the user made …let say i have this app about inventory of a shop with 4 types of products 100 each type and everyday some product is being sold at the end of the week i want to know which day which item (s) and what quantity of it was sold …every time i update the item the previous item gets updated …say Monday i updated product A from 100 to 90 ( 10 items sold ) so one till Saturday every day i sell 10 items of product A on Sunday i will have 30 items left and will have 30 in the sheet but i wont know how many items i sold every day is it possible to have the app store every update in the same or a different sheet.

Top Labels in this Space