CONTEXT("ViewType") help

I have a chart that is displaying data from employee reviews done both by the employee and their supervisor. There are different categories they are being scored on like:
“Knowledge: Understands job functions, requirements, tools/equipment, and processes associated with this position.” and “Execution: The ability to ‘get things done’. Follows through on task until completion, in a timely manner according to schedule. Overcomes obstacles, proposes solutions rather than excuses.”

The long descriptions are needed in the form and in the detail view but are obviously not helpful in a chart and I’m just wanting title word. I haven’t been able to get this combination to work. Any CONTEXT(“ViewType”) formulas I try have just led to it showing one or the other in every view type. I think part of why it isn’t working is because I also have both of these views in a dashboard. The closest I’ve gotten is this:

IF(OR(CONTEXT(“ViewType”)=Form, CONTEXT(“ViewType”)=Detail), “Process Improvement: Improves existing processes to either increase productivity, quality, or customer satisfaction.”, “Process Improvement”)

But with this, the Detail view in my dashboard still shows the short version. If I expand the detail view it will switch to the full version. But I can’t use ViewType as Dashboard or it makes them long on the graph too. Is there any way to do what I’m wanting to do?

0 2 378
2 REPLIES 2

Instead of trying to use CONTEXT() expressions to change what one column shows, I would make an additional virtual column and then use CONTEXT() expressions to determine which column is displayed and which is not (or, perhaps you wouldn’t even need the CONTEXT() expressions at all – I haven’t made a chart in a while so I can’t remember how the view works).

Hi @McKenna_Killion,

I have not tested it , but could you please try an expression something like below once with double quotes around the words “Form” and “Detail”,

IF(OR(“Form”=CONTEXT(“ViewType”),“Detail”= CONTEXT(“ViewType”)), “Process Improvement: Improves existing processes to either increase productivity, quality, or customer satisfaction.”, “Process Improvement”)

Top Labels in this Space