Continuosly appending

Hey APPSHEET,

I am a new User.

I want to continuosly append text everytime a value is changed in a specific cell without deleting its previous content.

for example,
i have a column named “LATEST SPO2” containing data like this “94% at 11pm” and the other column named "HISTORY " saving the data.now my demand is to store the value of “LATEST SPO2” as past record in “HISTORY” every time value of “LATEST SPO2” is changed…suppose value of “LATEST SPO2” changes now from “94% at 11pm” to “90% at 12pm”, i want to display only “90% at 12pm” in “LATEST SPO2” column but display as “94% at 11pm,90% at 12pm”.

Again when value of “LATEST SPO2” changes suppose to “85% at 1am” from “90% at 12pm”, “LATEST SPO2” should show “85% at 1am” but “HISTORY” should show “94% at 11pm,90% at 12pm,85% at 1am”

i hope my problem is clear…

0 8 388
8 REPLIES 8

You can do that with setting the RESET ON EDIT property of your columns and using an expression in the Initial Value of the columns.

Thank You So Much Man…Thanks A Lot…Sorted My Issue

You’re welcome…Glad to hear that you have solved it…

I have used as said…i have created a 3 columns namely latest,past and history…latest has the latest value while past has a app formula = history and history has a spreadsheet formula of concatenating latest with past…

it worked but it also changes it value even when form is edited in some other part and not the latest column result is duplicate repitition in history column.

for an example first i have latest value = 94 then i change it to 95…history shows 95 94 both as required…but when i change any other part of form it again appends the latest value even if its not changed…i.e…if i edit the form 2 time for some else column still history wll be updated as 95 95 95 94…

my requirement is to only append if the value of latest column changes else concatenation doesnt occure…

i hope you understood my requirement and problem both

Dear Rohan Shah
I want to implement in my app as a column date and column history
when every time i update column date which is = Now() should be added in column history.
Logic is same you used. can you share what expression you used.
entry 1 date 12/08/2020 history 12/08/2020
update 2 date 13/08/2020 history 12/08/2020. 13/08/2020
update 3 date 19/8/2020 history 12/08/2020. 13/08/2020, 19/08/2020

In your case i suggest you to have 3 columns…namely date…past date and date edit history…

Now what u can do that…u can add a application formula for past date …i.e. = date edit history…
And for date edit history spreadsheet formula of concatenating date and past date…

Logic is app formula is applied during edit or sync…while spreadsheet formula applies after sync…

I could give u a example as…
Suppose for 1st time u enter date 13 August…
Past value would be blank and history value will beconcatenating date and past i.e 13 august and past…past is empty so history will show 13 august for 1st time…

Then u edit it to 14 august…app formula applies during edit so past will be equal to 13august…date equal to 14 august …so history will be 14 august || 13 august (|| i have used in concatenating formula for differentiation)

For 3rd edit of 15august …it would date = 15 august…past = 14 august|| 13 august…after sync and concatenation 15august||14august||13 august…

Also hide the column past …

I hope u got my idea…

Still confusion u can continue to ask

Sir i am not able to do it
can you give me the spread sheet colum formula

=CONCATENATE((K2+L2)) getting value

Dear Sir

I am not able to do it, can you help me my whats app number 9895279540

Top Labels in this Space