Controling system Add Action of a child table based on a parent table field in a Inline View

Hi folks ! I have a parent Table A and a child Table B with parent-child relationship. I need to create an “Only if this condition is true” expression at Table B Add Action based on a parent field? In other words, depending on a parent field, I’d like to show or not Add action for child table in an Inline view. Can anyone help me?

Solved Solved
0 7 374
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Roberto_Andrade, welcome here! If I’m understanding correctly, I believe you’d have to have a column in table B update based on a change in table A. That way you could create a row level “Only if this condition is true” for table B based on that table B column change to show the Add action button or not.

Are you able to show an example of your tables?

Hi @Wallace_Service , I also tried this and didn’t work. Child field is updated with parent field but “only if” doesn’t work. I opened a ticket but support told that I need to solve this with community.

Please explore the below post thread

Great to know it works the way you want.

My request will be to assign the solution to @MultiTech_Visions by marking it as solution in that post thread. I simply posted that article for your reference as another community member.

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar, thanks for the great info! @Roberto_Andrade I’m glad it all worked out!

Thanks again ! I corrected my reply including MultiTech_Visions reference.

Top Labels in this Space