Converting DateTime Column to Date only and Time Only

aijac1314
Participant V

Recently I found an error in appsheet, I am trying to create a virtual column which converting an existing column to DATE, below as the setting:

Original column is DateTime type, with initial value of NOW(),

Then I create two additional columns, which Date([Date Time]) and Time([Date Time]), it returning blank.

Now what i temporary fix this problem with: DAte(Left([Date Time],10)) and Time(Right([Date Time],11))

I wonder what happened.

0 7 384
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Participant V

Please post screenshots of the complete column configurations that do not work as expected.

this might be my problem

aijac1314
Participant V

Hi Steve, thanks for your prompt replied.

I was planning to make the screen shot, but weird thing is, it working fine now.

I wonder why I tried yesterday, it always returned blank.

Just want to make sure: is it my column name canโ€™t be like โ€œDateTimeโ€? Due to DateTime is a reserved word?

I would expect a column named โ€œDateTimeโ€ or โ€œDate Timeโ€ to work fine in expressionsโ€“so long as it occurs between square brackets when you want the column value (e.g., [DateTime]) , or in quotes when you want just the column name (e.g., 'DateTime").

Hello @Steve can you helpme please.
I have the same issue, I have a type column DateTime named โ€œSeguimientoโ€, and a virtual colum named โ€œFecha Campo Seguimientoโ€, I want get only the date from the colum โ€œSeguimientoโ€.
I use the formul Date([Seguimiento]), but the result is blank
The colum:
3X_d_c_dc9c4a80ee68ea196499443e8f93c97ab9030908.png

The value captured:
3X_8_6_864e3b46a81cca6265db72a7349c2802adf692b5.png

The virtual colum:
3X_1_f_1f02e2478a11ba9e41d8a0b596d9b5a2dfaa6888.png

Please post a screenshot demonstrating this.

Hi Steve, I had to choose another option to get the value and I set the column as only Date.
Thank you anyway

Top Labels in this Space