Copy App stuck at 'We're setting up your new app'

Hi, I’m trying to make a copy of my app in another google account.
I followed the instructions to first share the copy of the app from user1 to user2. then from user2 account, i clicked copy app.
however, it gets stuck at We’re setting up your new app for the last 25 mins.
how long does this take?

thanks!

0 8 669
8 REPLIES 8

it finally replied with an error! what does this mean?

Error cloning app on the server: | 520: Web server is returning an unknown error <
Web server is returning an unknown error
Cloudflare

What happened?

There is an unknown connection issue between Cloudflare and the origin web server. As a result, the web page can not be displayed. If you are a visitor of this website:

Please try again in a few minutes.

If you are the owner of this website:

There is an issue between Cloudflare's cache and your origin web server. Cloudflare monitors for these errors and automatically investigates the cause. To help support the investigation, you can pull the corresponding error log from your web server and submit it our support team. Please include the Ray ID (which is at the bottom of this error page). Additional troubleshooting resources

Had this a few times, especially with big Apps. Sometimes it works on the 3rd or 4th try…

This is a very old thread but I feel the urge to revive it. I’m having this problem trying to copy my own app which is quite large to a second account that I own. I wonder if AppSheet could display a time bar that would give people a sense of how much more they need to wait.

Also, just after I started writing this, I tried logging in to the target AppSheet account in a different tab of the same browser. There I found that the app had been successfully copied. But, when I went back to the tap from which I was copying (a sample app page), I had an error. Unfortunately, I don’t have a copy or screenshot of the error. But I’ve confirmed that the copy was successful. I wonder if I should write to support@appsheet.com about this kind of thing.

I see exactly same with me quite a lots of times, but have not reported to support so far.

but if the app as well as the data source is quite large and we faild to copy the app, I takes those step.

I copy app without copy the data, which could run bit faster than copying data.
At the same time, copy the data source.
Once the new clone app is generated, then go to tables setting and redirect the data source from old to new source.

yes, it is involving bunch of works, but at least we can successfully copy large and heavy app at the end…

Thanks! Actually, I had never done this so I just gave it a try. It’s not quite as hard as I had imagined!

I do this when I host my data on SQL… large data set.
We see “error” to clone your app.
We can ask Apsheet to get support, but it may take a time to solve the issue, as DB config is super complex, so I wont complain to appsheet team.

The one I introduced is the shortest route to get down to our goal.

Basic concept is not to let the appsheet to do all the jobs.

I will do half. (copy data manually from origin and redirect the source after being copied).

Not a bad idea.

Thanks! Just confirmation but if we have many sheets (tables), we have to reconnect each sheet, right? There’s no way to do a whole book of sheets all at once is there?

ONE BY ONE.
Enjoy this boring operations.

Top Labels in this Space