Copy Data from Table A (with data) to a Table B (blank data)

Hi Good Day,

I want to copy in Table A every row that has a “Cannot Be Reached” value in a Column TD Status and Paste it on Table B. Both Tables has a same count and name of columns.

Thank you for the big help.

You can combine an “execute action on a set of rows” action, with a “add new row to another table” action. Check out the following post for some ideas.

2 Likes

This is how I do it.

Create action to add a new row. This particular action actually imports data from an outside source and I set multiple field values. You would just have the second column be the same column names. See dnr_no — [dnr_no]

Set the condition for the records you want copied

Create report for it to run automatically

Call the action made in the first step. I call a combo action which copies the rows and set the value of a column.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and make sure that whenever you change fields or field types in one table that they are changed in the second table.

4 Likes

Thank you so much. It was a great help i manage to record historical data on it.

1 Like

Hi @Lucinda_Mason What if you want tio copi multiple row’s from a table into an other tabel ?? we need to create mmultiple actions ? or how should be the best option ?

thank you in advice

Already tried that way but didn´t work.

everything I’ve looked for has indicated that I should use API

What exactly did you try, and how exactly didn’t it work?

API is certainly another option to achieve this functionality. I wouldn’t go that route personally.

1 Like