Copy multiple rows

Is it possible to copy multiple selected rows with an action ?

1 17 1,670
17 REPLIES 17

Yes you could add a new row to a table if you choose the same table as a source.

okay, so in a table i can select multiple records in the app en then copy en save those records with an action? How?

Any suggestions on this?

Use an action of type Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row.

Does that action work in bulk edit?

You should be able to use it with multi-select, if thatโ€™s what you mean by โ€œbulk editโ€. Note that the action will be applied to each of the selected rows individually, rather than acting on all rows as a group.

I am very keen to see an answer to the original post.

"Is it possible to copy multiple selected rows with an action ?

You have a table where you select multiple ROWS based on some criteria. Maybe even the entire table.
You then need to copy ALL the selected ROWS to another table in a single action.

I do not want to do this with JSON or some other API tool. If I am going to go external I will migrate the data set from a Google sheet, put it in a SQL data bases than then get some flow tools to do the job. If I could use JSON or some of the other suggestions in other threads I would not need a no code tool in the first place.

There was an answer.

Where? There certainly was not one in this thread.

ะŸั€ะธะฒะตั‚, ะดะพะปะณะพ ะธัะบะฐะป ั‚ัƒั‚ ะฟะพ ั„ะพั€ัƒะผัƒ ะธะฝั„ะพั€ะผะฐั†ะธัŽ ะบะฐะบ ัะดะตะปะฐั‚ัŒ ะฟะตั€ะตะฝะพั ะฝะตัะบะพะปัŒะบะพ ัั‚ั€ะพะบ, ะดะปั ะผะพะธั… ะทะฐะดะฐั‡ ะดะพัั‚ะฐั‚ะพั‡ะฝะพ 20-30 ัั‚ั€ะพะบ ะดะปั ะฟะตั€ะตะฝะพัะฐ, ั ัะดะตะปะฐะป ะฟะตั€ะตะฝะพั ะฝะฐ ะทะฝะฐั‡ะบะต ั ั‚ั€ะพะบะต ะฝะพ ะฑั‹ะปะธ ะปะธัˆะฝะธะต ะฝะฐะถะฐั‚ะธั ะธ ะพะฝั„ะพั€ะผะฐั†ะธั ะผะพะณะปะฐ ะทะพะดัƒะฑะปะธั€ะพะฒะฐั‚ัŒัั. ะ’ ะพะฑั‰ะตะผ ะตัั‚ัŒ ะฒะฐั€ะธะฐะฝั‚ ัะดะตะปะฐั‚ัŒ ั‚ะฐะบ:
1.ะฝะฐัั‚ั€ะพะธั‚ัŒ ะฟะตั€ะตะฝะพั ะฟะพ ะฝะฐะถะฐั‚ะธัŽ ะฝะฐ ะบะฐะถะดัƒัŽ ัั‚ั€ะพะบัƒ

2. ะฒ ั€ะตะถะธะผะต ั€ะตะดะฐะบั‚ะธั€ะพะฒะฐะฝะธั ะฒั‹ะฑั€ะฐั‚ัŒ ะฝัƒะถะฝั‹ะต ัั‚ั€ะพะบะธ, ะธ ะฒั‹ะฑั€ะฐั‚ัŒ ะดะตะนัั‚ะฒะธะต ะฟะพ ะฟัƒะฝะบั‚ัƒ 1.
ะ•ัั‚ัŒ ััƒั‰ะตัั‚ะฒะตะฝะฝั‹ะน ะผะธะฝัƒั ะดะพะปะณะฐั ัะธะฝั…ั€ะพะฝะธะทะฐั†ะธั.
Hello, I have been looking here for a long time on the forum for information on how to wrap several lines, for my tasks 20-30 lines are enough for wrap, I made a transfer on the icon from the line, but there were unnecessary clicks and the information could be duplicated. In general, there is an option to do this:
1.set up wrap by clicking on each line
2.In edit mode, select the required lines, and select the action according to point 1.
There is a significant disadvantage: long synchronization

We can create an action as below to copy multiple selected rows:

Behaviour~ Do this:
Data: execute an action on a set of rows
Referenced Rows: Set the Filter condition/ formula
Referenced Action: Duplicate

What is Duplicate?
โ€œDuplicateโ€ is also an action created as below:

Behaviour~ Do this:
Data: add a new record to another table using values from this row

Hi there,

i am trying to add a set of data to a Table. So i tried the duplicate + execute an action on a set of rows.

But i am getting the error โ€˜Action on a set of rowsโ€™ โ€˜โ€™ for Referenced Table โ€˜KGE_DATA_RGโ€™ could not be found.

Thatโ€™s very odd. I encourage you to engage Support for help with this one. That looks like a bug to me.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Try selecting something different here:

Then re-select the โ€œduplicateโ€ Action that you want.

Good call.

@Marc_Dillon Thx. That did the trick. I even tried to delete and redo the action it didnt work, but saving it with another function and then change to duplicate worked.

Seems strange.

Top Labels in this Space