Copy the row and give a link to view the original row

I am having action button ,i need to copy the row and edit and save ,but i need to show the original row to the user for references
Suggest any idea ?
i tried add a new row in another table and pull the value

Solved Solved
0 14 309
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Wrap the parent reference column with LIST():

LIST([parent])

See also:

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

When you choose to copy the row and edit, wonโ€™t be the users seeing the original data anyway??

they will click the button Copy and edit action button ,user need to see the original data for the later references

they will click the button Copy and edit action button ,user need to see the original data for the later references

I believe I have understood nothing from your statement or what youโ€™re trying to achieve.

Later when? While editing the copy? Or after the copy has been edited and saved?

After the copy is saved.

Instead of using an action of type Data: copy this row and edit the copy, use Data: add new row to another table or *App: go to another view in this app (with a target that uses LINKTOFORM()). Youโ€™ll need a column in the table that gets the new row to contain the Ref to the original row, then pass that reference as part of adding the new row. For instance, you might add a column named Original, then use App: go to another view in this app with a target like LINKTOFORM("form-view", "Original", [_THISROW], ...).

Steve,its working perfectly,i am seeing the parent record in the newly copied row
Its possible to show the child record in the parent record? ?

Once youโ€™ve established a child-parent relationship, AppSheet automatically adds a a virtual column to the parent that identifies all of its children. You can display that column if youโ€™d like.

Steve ,I have done the steps you told above,its working fine,
I need to change the status of the parent record as archive ,when i change the status in child record has approved
suggest me any idea.

Youโ€™ll need to perform an action from the child (Data: execute an action on a set of rows) when the child status is changed. That action should then tell the parent row to perform an action (Data: set the values of some columns in this row) to update itself with the new child status.

To Execute the ( Data: execute an action on a set of rows ),the column should be list,but parent record is Ref ,how can update the parent record???

Wrap the parent reference column with LIST():

LIST([parent])

See also:

Tqsm steve ,its working perfectly

Top Labels in this Space