Copying Values from one app to another

Hi everyone! I have a problem/theory that needs solving.Firstly,I have 2 apps, one internal and one public facing

My internal app generates a QRCode that directs the user to the public facing one using a key that displays some values (Basically validating if a certificate is authentic or not). At the moment,I am copy and pasting the QR Code/data manually into the public facing app database.

I would like to know if there is any way that I can copy the QR Code automatically to another appโ€™s database (in this case, the public facing appโ€™s googlesheets) through actions/workflows?

I have read this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2378626-example-copying-newly-added-records and would like to know if this is the way to go?

Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
0 7 316
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Mark12345
You cannot combine them unfortunately. But a good idea could be sharing the public appโ€™s gSheet with your secure appโ€™s account and then just add the related table to your secure app. Then you can write data to your public appโ€™s gSheet from your private app. Not tested but then a simple AppSheet API workflow rule can even work as the public appโ€™s relevant/associated table will be a part of the secure app.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@Mark12345
Provided both apps are under the same account, than you can use AppSheet API via webhook workflow rule. Otherwise you need to create a Google Apps Script, publish the code as a webapp and use its URL as a webhook endpoint for your webhook workflow rule.

My apps and their googlesheets are in seperate accounts (I was recommended to create public and internal facing apps in different accounts). Should I combine them or keep them seperate?

Is there an article or steps I may be able to follow?If not Iโ€™ll do some reading haha (because I have no clue about scripts or webhooks bleh)

@Mark12345
You cannot combine them unfortunately. But a good idea could be sharing the public appโ€™s gSheet with your secure appโ€™s account and then just add the related table to your secure app. Then you can write data to your public appโ€™s gSheet from your private app. Not tested but then a simple AppSheet API workflow rule can even work as the public appโ€™s relevant/associated table will be a part of the secure app.

Iโ€™ll try and see what I can doโ€ฆThanks for the advice @LeventK

Youโ€™re very welcome @Mark12345. Keep us posted about the result.

Your hunch was correct,all I had to do was
(1) Share the public appโ€™s google sheet with the secure app
(2) Add the new table as a new data source (making sure not to add a UX to it haha)
(3) Just a simple action โ€œAdd a new row to another table using values from this rowโ€
(4) Workflow to fire the action above
(5) Magic! The table originally from the public app is now updated

Thanks again @LeventK

Glad to see you made it work @Mark12345, congrats!

Top Labels in this Space