Could use some help hiding a field

Yakko
Participant I

So i have to variables that i cant seem to work together to hide it correctly
[Is the Student Under the age of 18?] = TRUE, AND(ISBLANK([Custodial Agreement File Attachment]) = TRUE)

This seems to only account for the first one and always shows it if true. But I wanโ€™t to hide it if another field is also True in the same field. But i cant seem to figure out what im missing can anyone help?

0 7 173
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Participant V

Yakko
Participant I

So I tried This hides it completely but not what i want. Is what i need is if student = true Show and then separately Hide it if its TRUE

AND(ISBLANK([Custodial Agreement File Attachment]) = โ€œTRUEโ€, ([Is the Student Under the age of 18?] = โ€œTRUEโ€)) : TRUE

I donโ€™t understand this.

This doesnโ€™t clarify anything.

Yakko
Participant I

Just to be clear student = true to show 2 seperate fields [File] and [Image] then If you fill ether out it hides the other.

Yakko
Participant I

Hmm Ok so I have 2 columns Iโ€™ll call them [File] and [Image] With a show tag of
[Is the Student Under the age of 18?]=TRUE

This will cause both columns to show. However Iโ€™m trying to also attach a secondary value

ISBLANK([Image]) = TRUE
ISBLANK([File]) = TRUE

These work separately. So iโ€™m trying to combine them in a way so that [Is the Student Under the age of 18?]=TRUE shows both of them. But when [Image] or [File] has info it hides the other.

Try theseโ€ฆ

Show_If expression for the File column:

AND(
  [Is the Student Under the age of 18?],
  ISBLANK([Image])
)

Show_If expression for the Image column:

AND(
  [Is the Student Under the age of 18?],
  ISBLANK([File])
)

Note that you donโ€™t need to compare a column of type Yes/No to TRUE or FALSE to see if it is already that value.

Yakko
Participant I

This dosnt work at allโ€ฆ Broken expression. However it got me in the right direction!

AND(
[Is the Student Under the age of 18?]=TRUE,
ISBLANK([File])
)

Thanks for the help!

Top Labels in this Space