Count-column in Parent calculate number of ready childs

Meurglys
Participant I

Hi,
I have a count-column in a Parent row that calculate the child-row with Status=Ready. The parent are in use by the Teachers, the childs are in use by the Student. When a Student has manipulate his child row into Status=Ready, a Workflow-action starts to add 1 to the count-column in the Parent row. But, that doesnโ€™t work because of security filter on the Parent-table: only access for the teacher. How do i solve this problem.

Thanks,

Bert.

0 7 317
7 REPLIES 7

Lynn
Participant V

Hi @Meurglys
Did you bypass the security filter for your workflow here?

Thanks for the quick responce.

I did not know the bypass-possibility, and started right away. But no difference. Then I removed the security filter at the Parenttable. Now the count is working. So the problem is security. That is nice to know. DO you have any other suggestion?

Bert.

Hi @Meurglys
Sorry I do not have any other suggestions.

Steve
Participant V

Is this actually a workflow, defined in the Behavior >> Workflow tab of the app editor, or a simple action?

Meurglys
Participant I

It is workflow with one action: Execute an action on a set of row. The action selects the parent of the child and executes an action (set the value on some colums in this row), that adds one to the countcolumnโ€ฆ

If I remember correctly, the Bypass filter only works with the Workflow/Email, not with actions and thatโ€™s why are seeing this behavior.

Meurglys
Participant I

Ok, thank you. I think about another way to add +1 to the count in the parent if the child is updated.

Top Labels in this Space