CRAZY CALENDAR HACK: Add Events Directly to a Timeslot, Pre-Fill Date/Time

Hold on to your apps, this one is gonna get a little weird. :upside_down_face:

The default calendar view doesn’t provide a way to pick a timeslot when opening the form.

I came up with a hack using a new table that contains only one sheet column for the hour, and 7 virtual columns for the day of the week.

From there, I have a table view that shows related events to every Hour, pulling only events from This Week (Slice).

Then, I created 7 Edit actions, 7 Add actions, and 7 group actions and linked them to 7 more virtual columns! :nerd_face:

Here’s the result:

17 Likes

Outstanding work @GreenFlux, congrats brutha!

4 Likes

Bad ass!
I love it.

@Martin_Pace I wonder if we could do something like this for our resource management… One heck of an input hack.

2 Likes

Awesome hack thank you @GreenFlux.
And thanks for the reminder, to not forget the 5 mile run :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, have you a solution to add a pdf file on google calendar event?

You could add the file URL to the bottom of the [Description], and use a Virtual Column (Type=File) with a formula to parse out the URL.

Or you could add a new table for Files, and add a Virtual Column (Type=Ref) to the Calendar table to relate them.

I guess it would depend on who is adding the file, and when. Do you want to attach a file to the calendar invite, or store your own file for reference and have it linked to a calendar row?

2 Likes

Thank for you reply
i need to store my own files and linked to a calendar row.

Ok, if the other attendees do not need access to the file, I wouldn’t store the link in the description.

Try adding another table to store the files, and add a Virtual Column (Type=Ref) that relates it back to your calendar table.

Then, as you’re entering a file, the Ref column should give you a list of Calendar events to link it. This will create a Related Files (REF_ROWS Virtual Column) in your calendar table that will show all the files assigned to each calendar event.

Can you show me an exemple please if you can.
thanks

Congratulations @GreenFlux! Great Work !

1. Add table for File(s)

• [Key] (auto-generated, hidden)
  • [Event] (Ref to Calendar table)
  • [Attachment] (File)
  • [Note] (Long Text)

2. Enable Is_Part_Of for Ref

3. Add Related Files to Calendar Detail view

2 Likes

Amazing work, thank you for sharing it with us.

Thank you for the exemple, i have a problem as you see

Does the ‘Primary’ calendar table have a column called Row ID?

If so, try setting that as the Key, and unselect the Key checkbox for RowNumber.

Work great now thanks
Can you tell where can i chage this text
screenshot-www.appsheet.com-2020.11.30-08_54_34

That is the default ‘Description’ text for related records. You can change it inside the Column Settings.

Click the pencil to expand 'Related Convocations` and scroll down to Display.

1 Like

Thank you work great

1 Like