Create a document from data collected in Appsheet

Lee_Yanez
Participant III

Hello,

What would the best way to create a document from data collected in Appsheet? For example, an order form is created (with customers signature), and the customer would like a hard copy.

Thanks

1 7 2,608
7 REPLIES 7

Workflow emails.

Wow, that was a quick response. Thanks Nicholas Barry. I will look into the Report option.

I was initially looking to populate a Google Doc โ€˜order form templateโ€™. I got the trigger to work but I wanโ€™t able to populate the data across as I can with Google Forms/Script.

Does anyone know if itโ€™s possible to populate a google Doc from Appsheet?

I donโ€™t quite understand what you mean, but maybe. You can customize workflows, if thats what you mean. I did it hereโ€ฆ

Maybe that is your question? Not quite sure

Lee_Yanez
Participant III

Iโ€™m looking to create a document from data captured in Appsheet (Google sheets).

Below is an an example of a Google Doc template for an order form. I can populate the {{fields}} using Google Forms. I would like to be able to do the same with data from Appsheet inserts a new Row in a Google Sheet Table.

Its very similar. Instead of {{Column Name}}, use <<[Column Name]>>

I encourage you to explore the topic of workflows starting with the link @retailpartnercom provided. What you want to do is readily possible, and there are plenty of docs.

Lee_Yanez
Participant III

Done it!

Iโ€™m a week in to Appsheets and everyday Iโ€™m amazed at itโ€™s in built capabilities. This is truly a fantastic App!

Thank you both for pointing me in the right direction.

Top Labels in this Space