Create a new post/get request when a row is added

How can we use appsheet to send a post or get request to an external service once, a new row is added?

0 10 658
10 REPLIES 10

Steve
Participant V

I am trying to use a webhook post request using json but unable to do them using appsheet. Can anyone help me with a sample app or example which can help me find the fields i need to write?

This should be one of the most easiest webhook set up to integrate external service.

Another useful resources could be one of sample app Appsheet master placed in this portfolio.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/How-to-add-records-from-Enumlist-with-Webhook?appGuidString=ffcd512...

@Aleksi

Thanks, that was of help.
But I am getting an error while executing it:

Failed: Action not performed because 1 errors are present. Error: Failed to parse JSON due to Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: D. Path โ€˜Messageโ€™, line 1, position 110โ€ฆ Invalid JSON value starts with: Dear Home\n An Order has been placed:\n\nDesign Name: 2565\nQuantity: 18\nSizes: L , XL , XXL\nStyle.

Can you help?

Not sure what you are exactly doing with webhook, but it is obviously something wrong with your JSON syntax. Place your JSON, webhook body here.

{
โ€œusernameโ€ : โ€œuserโ€,
โ€œpasswordโ€ : โ€œpswโ€,
โ€œrecipientIdsโ€ : โ€œ919874462242-1502182973@g.usโ€,
โ€œMessageโ€ : โ€œDear <>\n An Order has been placed:\n\nDesign Name: <>\nQuantity: <>\nSizes: <>\nStyle: <>\nRemarks: <>\n Rate: <>\n Order is valid for 30 daysโ€
}

What is this part?

I assume you are trying to dynamically construct the โ€œmessageโ€ body. Is there any possibility you generate those message inside the appsheet Virtual column on the same row? Probably with longtext type field. I call this VC [Message]

Then pass VC value into JSON body, which looks much simpler and easy set ups.

At the end, your JSON should be like this simple.

{
โ€œusernameโ€ : โ€œuserโ€,
โ€œpasswordโ€ : โ€œpswโ€,
โ€œrecipientIdsโ€ : โ€œ919874462242-1502182973@g.usโ€,
โ€œMessageโ€ : โ€œ<<[Message]>>โ€
}

I tried doind the same thing. But still getting an error messageโ€ฆ ainโ€™t able to figure out why is it happening. Is there a sample code or can I see a format on how to write webhooks in appsheet. Video in youtube only have a basic info. Any idea if we can get a detailed example?

Top Labels in this Space