Create a row, which is calculated by subtracting the value after and before the change

Hi everyone.
I want to create a action, which add a new row to another table using values from this row
And i have a row, which is calculated by subtracting the value after and before the change
[_THISROW_AFTER].[%] - [_THISROW_BEFORE].[%]
But unable to find column ‘_THISROW_AFTER’
Can you help me fix this issue?

Hello @Tuyen, i don’t understand what exactly you’re doing with those expressions, but what i can tell you is that [_THISROW_BEFORE] and [_THISROW_AFTER] are only available in the context of workflow condition expressions, and not on regular expressions.

2 Likes

This has recently changed! They are now available in all expressions around a data change (as I understand it), such as column constraints, and App formula and Initial value.

3 Likes

What you’re trying to do makes no sense. Please explain in plain English what you want to accomplish.

3 Likes

Thank Steve, thank Rafael_ANEIC-PY
Actually, I’m writing an app to keep track of a project’s work with multiple participants.
People check their assigned work and report their progress daily.(%)
Now I want to extend a sheet that record everyone’s progress every day, there is an incremental progress column for calculating KPIs
I’m going to be an automation with an action, which add a new row to record sheet by using values from this project sheet and I’m stuck at incremental progress column.
I tried to write an expression, like [_THISROW_AFTER].[%] - [_THISROW_BEFORE].[%], but it did not work.
Do you have any another idea?

Please explain in plain English what you want to accomplish. Do not talk about the app at all.

1 Like

Thank Steve
I have 2 sheet: project sheet have tasks with % column, and record sheet.
I want to create a bot (automation) run whenever % column updates
If the values of % column changes, run a task: add a new row to record sheet with task name column take from project sheet, and % increase column, is calculated by % increasing before and after change

Not plain English. I give up.

1 Like

Sorry for my worst english writing. And thank you so much.