Create a row, which is calculated by subtracting the value after and before the change

Tuyen

Hi everyone.
I want to create a action, which add a new row to another table using values from this row
And i have a row, which is calculated by subtracting the value after and before the change
[_THISROW_AFTER].[%] - [_THISROW_BEFORE].[%]
But unable to find column ‘_THISROW_AFTER’
Can you help me fix this issue?

0 8 568
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Tuyen, i don’t understand what exactly you’re doing with those expressions, but what i can tell you is that [_THISROW_BEFORE] and [_THISROW_AFTER] are only available in the context of workflow condition expressions, and not on regular expressions.

This has recently changed! They are now available in all expressions around a data change (as I understand it), such as column constraints, and App formula and Initial value.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What you’re trying to do makes no sense. Please explain in plain English what you want to accomplish.

Thank Steve, thank Rafael_ANEIC-PY
Actually, I’m writing an app to keep track of a project’s work with multiple participants.
People check their assigned work and report their progress daily.(%)
Now I want to extend a sheet that record everyone’s progress every day, there is an incremental progress column for calculating KPIs
I’m going to be an automation with an action, which add a new row to record sheet by using values from this project sheet and I’m stuck at incremental progress column.
I tried to write an expression, like [_THISROW_AFTER].[%] - [_THISROW_BEFORE].[%], but it did not work.
Do you have any another idea?

Please explain in plain English what you want to accomplish. Do not talk about the app at all.

Tuyen

Thank Steve
I have 2 sheet: project sheet have tasks with % column, and record sheet.
I want to create a bot (automation) run whenever % column updates
If the values of % column changes, run a task: add a new row to record sheet with task name column take from project sheet, and % increase column, is calculated by % increasing before and after change

Not plain English. I give up.

Sorry for my worst english writing. And thank you so much.

Top Labels in this Space