Create a slice table out of USERSETTINGS

Usesetting is not a slice for the moment in Appsheet, but just deem it as a table, and then I wish to apply slicing and treat it as a normal table.

Status Open
2 5 321
5 Comments
Aleksi
Staff

May I ask what would be the users case because you have only one record to filter?

Steve
Participant V

Forms with only select columns?

Koichi_Tsuji
Participant V

@Steve
@Aleksi

Let me explain the use case so that you understand why I do request.

On various place, I place “action”, either display overlay or prominently to open up “setting” view to give user better experiences to jump to usersetting view, rather than normal route, i.e. to go menu through upper left corner and hit setting. On a single app, I use usersettings for various different purpose. To make a story here simple, let me assume one case, where usersettings 1 is used to slice a table 1 dynamically, where usersetting 2 is used to slice a table 2.

Then I have two table view, one from table 1 and other from table 2.

On this table views, i place action display overlay, to jump to usersetting. Without ability of “slicing” usersettings, app user always see two usersetting regardless of which action they are hitting and coming from before they dive into the setting.
To avoid the confusion, we have to place some sort of “remarks” , hey, if you want to slice the table 1, then change the value in usersetting 1. otherwise usersetting 2.
This is bit silly.

Just want to present usersetting view based on the certain conditions. For instance, user hit action on table 1 display overlay, then they will be prompted to usersetting view where usersetting 1 is visible.

IF we have other usersettings, for instance, slice the other table with date values, it brings more of confusions to the app user when they go to usersettings.

Hope this makes sense globally across the appsheet app creators.

Actually, I do posed view feature request in terms of usersettings for years, but there is not much change and new feature covering usersetting functionality.

Aleksi
Staff

Understood

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager