Create a step by step process with a new view at each step

Hi,
I’m trying to create a step by step process for entering order information. Basically step 1 would be a form to input certain information, step 2 (another form view to enter info) would then be displayed when step 1 is complete, so on and so forth through all the steps of the process. I haven’t figured out how to do this yet. Any suggestions?

0 6 198
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Andrew_Woods
Why do you need different forms for entering the data? Is it going into different tables?

No, same table. I just want to make sure that one step of the process is completed before moving on to the next one. Example: Step 1: Enter order number and shipping address, Step 2: Enter Tracking number, Step 3: Enter Condition of products received.

Basically something like that. There’s obviously a lot more functionality and complexity that will be put into each step, however the idea is the same, complete/input data on one step before moving onto the next.

@Andrew_Woods
Ok you could check out SHOWIF and maybe set your columns to not show if the previous one is not filled in . Or editable if. Or make them required.

That could work. Eventually I would like to put confirmation/approval from another user into certain steps (e.g. an order is created, and an email is step to review the order). This might have to be chopped up into different views to make this work. Thanks for your input!

You could also take a look at “multipage forms” and “Page_headers”

Edit: A relevant sample app

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Demo-of-multipage-forms-using-showtype-columns?appGuidString=5e9222...

Thank you, I think that’s the answer.

Top Labels in this Space