Create ref_rows based on enumlist

Hi, I have a table with Cars and names of drivers who can drive it (simplified example). The Driver are picked from a a reference list on a separate table used as Enumlist in the app, hence multiple people can be drivers of a certain car.

I would like to create a reference where I can see what cars the drivers can drive. I can only make the reference match work if there is one driver per car. Can you help me understand how I can use certain part of the string to make the reference matching. I am by no mean a coder (as you probably can tellโ€ฆ)

3X_c_a_cacc803d9ecc08130c18374a5d9515f1916160b7.png !

0 4 482
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

You wonโ€™t be able to use REF_ROWS for this. REF_ROWS expects a simple equality between values. You can use FILTER(...,IN() ) to get a list of row references that youโ€™re looking for in this case. This will give most of the same functionality as REF_ROWS.

Thanks for the tip, will that be visible in a similar way in the UI as well or do you know how that could work?

MultiTech
Participant V

This article might help

Boom, this looks very similar to what I am trying to achieve. Thank you so much for the tip

Top Labels in this Space