Create/save .txt file

Is it possible to have a text-like cell saved as a .txt file

0 6 1,345
6 REPLIES 6

Unfortunately, you cannot save a file with the .txt extension directly. However, you can save a file as .csv and then you could rename it as .txt.

I dont think i explained good enough, i want to save a text file in the same folder at my pictures with the text i made in a โ€˜long textโ€™ field like:

Picture: 123.jpg
Comment to picture: 123.txt

By โ€œSaveโ€ I assume you mean saving from AppSheet. For example, take a picture from AppSheet app, enter a picture description and then Save the picture as a file and then save the description as a file.

Yes, you can do this but, as mentioned before, AppSheet does not provide the capability to save as a .txt file. I do not know why. You can use a Workflow to save the description into a .csv file, you can specify the name of the file to be saved and save it to the same folder where the image is placed.

I assume you have a need for usage of the description file outside of AppSheet? If not, then saving it in a file is not necessary. The description would be saved in the data sheet or database, along with the path to the image file you are using with the app.

yes, that is exactly how i would like it to do and the reason

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope.

Uhhh, nope to what?

Top Labels in this Space