Creating an SMS workflow rule to include expressions

Hi, I have created a workflow rule that, when a new row of data is entered, the designated staff member receives a text. Right now it is a static message. I am hoping to create a dynamic sms message with an expression like this.

CONCATENATE("Hello, you have a new referral! Patientโ€™s name is: ", [Patient Name], ". The Case Urgency is: ",[Urgency], ". Primary Contact is: ", [POA/Primary Contact], " and Contact Number is: ", [POA/Primary Phone], โ€œ. Mahalo!โ€)

All I can see is options in MESSAGE CONTENT > Body, Body Template, Body Template Data Source. How do I enter in the expression above? Thank you!

2X_3_36f4d14b2e96d00e747683f307aaf7ee64fc62fe.png

0 5 343
5 REPLIES 5

You can use that body field shown in your image, in conjunction with our start expression syntax (basically, wrap expressions inside of << and >>). You can also use โ€œBody Templateโ€ which allows you to use google docs or MSFT docs - not very pertinent for SMS but more so for a PDF or something well formatted.

The following in the โ€œbodyโ€ field just worked for me:

<<CONCATENATE("Hello, you have a new referral! Patientโ€™s name is: ", [Name], ". The location is: ",[Coordinates], ". Date is: ", [Date], " and Detail is: ", [Detail], โ€œ. Mahalo!")>>

More info on start expressions here: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961746-template-start-expressions

Since itโ€™s a template, wouldnโ€™t the following also work?

Hello, you have a new referral! Patientโ€™s name is: <<[Name]>>. The location is: <<[Coordinates]>>. Date is: <<[Date]>> and Detail is: <<Detail]>>. Mahalo!

Thank you Steve so much! Have a wonderful weekend to you both!

Wonderful! Thank you so much!

Oh my yes! It sure would!

Top Labels in this Space