Creating multiple new rows in another table

jimdumont
Participant I

I have the following:

• Table “Course” Key: [CourseID], other columns including: [Applicability] (Task A or B or both)
  • Table “Staff” Key: StaffID [Profession] , other columns including: [Assignement] (Task A or B or both)
  • Table “Entry” Key: EntryID, other columns including: [StaffREF] and [CourseREF] - both referencing the other tables.

I want:

Have an action/workflow for the “Staff” table to be able to create records in the “Entry” table for this specific [StaffID], one record per [CourseID] where Staff[Assignment] is contains in Course[Applicability].

Basically, when a new staff is added, I want to populate “no details entries” for this individual for all applicable “Course” automatically, then go through the list of “no details entries” manually to fill the details.

I know there’s an action called “Data: add a new row to another table using values from this row” but this only creates one record in the destination table. I would need to repeat this action for each Course[CourseID] applicable.

Any tips?

0 2 146
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Participant V

HBT
Participant V

Search the form, the sample applications of Steve and Matt are in the form. you can do whatever you want.

Top Labels in this Space