Creating multiple row items in google sheets from app entry

Hi All

I’m really a novice and thanks already for your help. What i’m trying to do is the following:

I’m trying to use appsheets for simple order collection purposes. I’d like to input the order from the app and save it in sheets. I’ve got products as a list on the app. When i choose multiple products in the list, data is saved in one cell on the sheets. I’d like each product and quantity to be saved in a different row in sheets so i can use the cumulative data in pivot tables etc. Except the product name and quantity, rest of the information input is basically the same in each row for that customer.

I’m sure this information is available somewhere in the forum or documents but i wasn’t able to find it. Please direct me to the right direction.

Thanks

Tayfun

0 9 1,399
9 REPLIES 9

One option is to use related table structure where the order is the parent record and then Items are child records. Please check this article how to do that.

Hi @mckenzie
Have you had a look at the sample apps including the “Order Capture” App ?
https://www.appsheet.com/SampleApps

I have noticed a lot of my searching on this forum has resulted in references to sample apps with broken links for example the Order Capture app doesn’t appear. I would propose at lease some feedback other than reference to an item that may not exist in the future.

Hi @Clint_G ,

The post you have referred is an old one. I think the links typically get nonfunctional over a period of time, especially in posts.

If you search at the source level of support link given below, you will typically get substantial results of articles and sample apps. You can search by key words and you will get substantial results.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support

The below picture shows results based on keyword search “Order Capture”. You will get the sample app link there.

Hope this helps.

Yes that checks out. I just expect them to show up in the sample apps area. I know it is frowned upon in other forums to post links to things as these may one day not exist. When that occurs the posted question and solution become worthless for future persons searching for something similar. I know we can’t code everything needed in a forum post but think there should be more response than a hyperlink. Thanks.

Yes, you have a very good point on question becoming irrelevant with broken links.

This is a very active, vibrant, responsive community. You will find a high response rate for almost all questions. So typically someone will respond for a broken link or old post as well. So flexibility of links can be afforded in my opinion.

Better to make available a solution temporarily than not at all, yes?

The nature of software development today is such that all advice is likely to become “worthless for future persons”–everything changes very fast. AppSheet is no exception.

Again, something is better than nothing, I’d think. I’m sure if you want to pay someone to spoon feed you, you can get exactly what you want, but so long as you rely on volunteers, you get what you get. A good attitude helps, too. Hint, hint.

Yes prompt help is great help.

I disagree that time will make these posts less relevant, several things I have looked up for help are from several years ago on this forum and others which is why you should search for existing solutions first before posting an issue. The fact is there are numerous references to sample apps which are not in obvious places anymore. Now that I know to search the entire site instead of just the sample apps area that is cleared up for me but still not very intuitive. Any forum I have ever been on links to solutions are frowned upon as those will eventually break and then the “solution” is useless. Just a fact, not being salty.

I have a good attitude, my “spoon-fed” comment was in good fun and I was happy I figured out how to solve my issue with reference I was given and followed up by posting my solution for future folks to not only have a definition of a function but also a good example of a working solution. The beauty of appsheet is the “no code” aspect of it for someone like me, a high school drop-out can put together some of the “apps” i have been able to with some help from forums like this. I’m kind of taken back that you are some sort off official appsheet representative and have snapped back over something you agree with me on fundamentally yet defend the way solutions are provided. I will continue to post actual solutions for issues I overcome and not links to things that will disappear leaving someone in a bind some day when they need a solution fast and hit a dead link.
Thanks for your feedback.

Hello community: I have a question. I have managed to perform multiple row entries in an external table. But when this block of multiple rows is stored, it is not registered in the order in which they have been filled in the application. That is, they change in a random order. Is there a way to bulk store the data the same way it is logged without the data being saved in arbitrary order? Or is there something I’m doing wrong? Excuse me, I don’t speak English.

Hola comunidad: Tengo una duda. He logrados realizar la entradas de filas multiples en una tabla externa. Pero al momento de almacenar este bloque de filas multiples no se registra en el orden el cual se han rellenado en la aplicacion. Es decir cambian a un orden aleatorio. ¿Hay alguna forma de almacenar en bloque los datos de la misma forma que se registran sin que estos se guarden en orden arbitrario? ¿O hay algo que estoy haciendo mal?Disculpen yo no hablo ingles.

Top Labels in this Space