Creating Stacked Histogram Chart - not row/col series

Hello Community!

I am struggling with Chart UX Tools trying to create a very specific kind of chart: a stacked histogram (created using Google Sheets)
3X_e_b_ebf5dfe471505590060ac8df2c9317acd4d8a12a.png

Context
I have an App for registering sales. The App has a Sales table. Each sale has a Ref column forโ€ฆ

• Agent: Team member in charge of the sale
  • Status: Wether the sale has been shipped, cancelled, or is waiting to be confirmed.
  • Region
    And a simple Enum Column for
  • Month

Im trying to build an interactive dashboard view where the user can pick a Region and/or an Agent, and see the amount of sales per month, by status.

Iโ€™ve succesfully managed to build a combination of aggregate histogram (for Total Sales by Month) + pie chart (for Total Sales by Status)โ€ฆ And also splitting up the Sales table into different status-slices to create 4 different histograms with month columns (Total Sales, Cancelled Sales, Shipped Salesโ€ฆ)
You can see a sample APP here.

But as you can imagineโ€ฆ the experience and insights any user could make from any of those two combinations is not the same as depicted in the chart created using Google Sheets.

Is there currently a way to create such charts? Should I start a feauture request instead?

Iโ€™ve considered creating a slice of the Sales table based on โ€œuser input form based filtersโ€, but taking into account the amount of filters Iโ€™d like to include, the UX would turn out to be quite unsatisfactory.

Thank you!

3 3 999
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Did you ever work this out? Looks like it's not possible but would add a lot of value to my apps. 

I am really keen on this and think Appsheet has the capability to add extra field (with columns) to a histogram and would be so useful for many implementations

Explore QuickChart.

Top Labels in this Space