CSV Export Button Not Showing I adding an ac...

Colin1

CSV Export Button Not Showing

I adding an action to my application to “Export this view to a CSV File (not a row-level action)”.

However, it is not appearing as a button, when its Appearance setting for Prominence is “Display Prominently”.

I am hoping it might have appear like this:

https://blog.appsheet.com/feature-friday-app-new-security-options-csv-export-from-app

What do I need to do to make it visible?

Are there any other resources and examples on how to make this feature work please?

0 5 762
5 REPLIES 5

Colin1

I have just now noticed this example:

appsheet.com - Sales Report - A sales reporting app with Dashboard and Deck views of sales data grouped by time, person and vehicle type.

I copied some of its implementations. I did get it to work on my Organization Table, and luckily it appeared to filter the CSV according to the data slice (the only one so far) that is in a Table View.

Its this by design?

Or should it be possible to specify a data slice explicitly? (Ideal for me, as it would be unambiguous) And if so, I should be able to make it a button that is “Display prominently”? Sales Report - A sales reporting app with Dashboard and Deck views of sales data grouped by time, person and vehicle type. appsheet.com

Colin1

Sorry, another question, how do I specify which columns are exported in the CSV?

Colin1

@Colin I just noticed that I could do so by limiting the columns included as part of the Data Slice…

Hi @Colin If you set you action to ‘Display Overlay’ you will be able to see it on the table.

Colin1

@Lynn Yes I have done that, and it shows.

Top Labels in this Space