I want to share some experiences about CSV export.
You can use an Action “App: export this view to a CSV file (not a row-level action)”.
- This will download the actual view. So you don’t have to prepare a Template for the CSV.
- By using a slice, you can control the column order.
- You cannot control the file name.
- The CSV file will always be comma separated. You cannot change it to semicolon for example.
Workflow / Report
In Workflow or Report you can use “Save File” and “CSV” as the HTTP Content Type.
- You can control the file name.
- You can disable the timestamp. With that, the new CSV will override the old. You always have the most recent file.
- You can control the separator: In the Template just use for example semicolon instead of comma.
- You can hide the header: In the Template just delete the header.
- You can add Lists: In the Template just add another Select expression.