Curious about the community's approach to app regression testing

Hi everyone, my team has built several apps with complex security filter logic as well as a number of conditional Show_If conditions for views displayed in the primary dashboard view. As we continue to evolve these apps, weโ€™re finding the manual testing effort required to cover all the different test cases is becoming onerous. Iโ€™m curious about how other members of the AppSheet community have addressed their regression testing needs?

Thanks for sharing any tips!

2 3 371
3 REPLIES 3

Isnโ€™t that what beta users are for?
Bahaha

Well, Iโ€™ve changed my app considerably and constantly based on user feedback.
I know it is embarrassing at times, but what is good is that if itโ€™s a problem that I canโ€™t fix, I can share it here, and someone on the team may fix it. If itโ€™s ignored, then thatโ€™s just an opportunity lost for AppSheet to get better and more competitive.

Before the user touches it, if itโ€™s a big change, I create a prototype app copy, do tests to see if everything is valid, then make those same changes to the original deployed app. Then I delete the prototype app. I donโ€™t have an iPhone so some concerns from iOS users catch me by surprise.

@James_Rowe have you considered Selenium IDE or BrowserStackโ€™s Automate? I havenโ€™t tried it on AppSheet apps yet, but guessing both of these tools could run through a test suite on either your appโ€™s preview (when viewed in a new window) or a prototype app copy as @Ricardo_Gonzalez suggested. Iโ€™m in the process of transferring some of our business process automation to AppSheet and thinking Iโ€™ll need to implement some automated testing processes for some key actions later this year, so curious to know everyoneโ€™s thoughts as well.

Top Labels in this Space